viernes, 26 de abril de 2013

The star among football styles




Football is a well known sport around the world. There are several  football styles, such as: baby football, conventional football, football in a pitch for seven or nine, but there is an undiscovered diamond, in my opinion, indoor football. The popularity of this sport has increased a lot in the last years, even though, it is not recognized as it deserves.

It is played in a 40 m long - 20 m width pitch, pretty small, considering that there are constantly ten people running. The team is made up of five people, four players plus a goalkeeper. The main aim is to score a goal as in football. The rules are not the same as in football, they variate a bit, for example the throw-in is made with the feet instead of the hands. Summing up, indoor soccer in not very different from conventional football, but it has something, that makes it special.

I do play indoor soccer. I got there, as a friend of mine started coaching a team in Temperley. He asked me to go and join the team, and here I am... I think I’ve found out my real passion. I you ask me, why do I like so much this sport, I am not sure I will answer you with facts. I think the main reason why I do like this sport so much, is that it has the gift of taking me away of this world, nothing is more important while I am playing, furthermore the intensity and adrenaline this sport entails is unique there is no other sport that demands fifty minutes of total concentration of the players. If you relax, you lose.

The professionalisation of this sport could possibly mean the completely degeneration of it. Money will pollute the incredible atmosphere and the aim won’t be to score a goal, but to earn as much money as possible.

Luckily in the recent time, the popularity of this sport has increased in a unbelievable way. Although it is not as famous as football, every single day more and more kids and teenagers get involved in this activity.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario